- Choose a well-shaded area or have your caricature artist work indoors. Children and adults alike will find it difficult to enjoy their caricature experience while squinting in the bright sunlight. It is very difficult to give an authentic smile when you’re being blinded, and the artist will not be able to get a good likeness of your guest’s eyes while they are squinting. Your caricature artist will also struggle with the sunlight reflecting off blinding white paper and causing extreme shadows that obscure the drawing. Especially outside during CT, MA, or RI summers!
- Station your caricature artists away from the DJ or loud noises. A big part of the caricature experience involves your artist talking to your guests. This is how they capture the personality of the person they are drawing. Caricature artists will tell jokes and ask about your guests hobbies and interests in order to capture an authentic smile or expression unique to the person they are drawing. When the guests and artist can’t hear each other, a lot of the character disappears from the caricatures.
- Manage your lines. Our caricature artists can do about 10 faces per hour, but only if those faces are waiting and ready to go! It can take almost as much time to round up your next guest for their drawing as it takes the artist to draw them. If you’re having a small private party, just remind guests not to all wait until the last minute for their caricatures. If you’re having a larger event with a long line, keep your guests in line behind the caricature artist. This will keep them entertained by allowing them to see the caricatures as they unfold and participate in the conversation (or fun heckling!) with the guests being drawn.
- If you want something special, have a picture ready! In the world of Smart Phones it’s easy for you to look up the logo of your favorite team or the costume of your favorite superhero and have it ready for to go. Though our caricature artists are highly versed in pop culture and sports references, you’ll get the best results with a little bit of extra reference.
- Provide Refreshment! Have bottles of water or other refreshing beverages within reach of the caricature station. Your guests, and your caricature artist, will thank you! Caricatures are a thirsty business. Smiling, talking, and laughing will lead to dry mouths so having beverages close by is very helpful! Leave the food elsewhere though. Guests with drinks are easy to draw around, but pizza, melting ice cream and sloppy plates are a distraction that will cause delays in the drawing time.
Thinking about having one of our caricature artists at your party in CT, MA, or RI? From Greenwich CT to Boston MA to Providence RI, we’d love to entertain at your next Southern New England event! Get a quote today!
These few suggestions will help you get the most out of your Caricature Party! Remember to relax and have fun! The more you can be yourself, the more your caricature will capture your personality.
adult christmas parties, adult entertainment, adult entertainment ideas, adult parties, adult party entertainment, adult party ideas, agawam, amherst, attleboro, balloon twisting, bar bat mitzvah, bar bat mitzvah entertainment, bar mitzvah gifts, bar mitzvah ideas, bar mitzvah party, bart mitzvah party, bat mitzvah gift, bat mitzvah gifts, bat mitzvah ideas, bat mitzvah party, Boston, branford, bridgeport, bristol, business entertainment ideas, cambridge, caricature, Caricature Artist, caricature artists, Caricatures, chicopee, christmas office party entertainment ideas, christmas party, christmas party entertainment, clowns, company christmas party ideas, company event ideas, company party, company party entertainment ideas, company party ideas, concord, connecticut, corporate, corporate birthday parties, corporate christmas party, corporate christmas party entertainment, corporate christmas party entertainment ideas, corporate christmas party ideas, corporate dinner entertainment ideas, corporate entertainers, corporate entertainment, corporate entertainment ideas, corporate event entertainment, corporate event ideas, corporate events, corporate family event ideas, corporate holiday event ideas, corporate holiday party, corporate holiday party entertainment, corporate holiday party entertainment ideas, corporate holiday party ideas, corporate magicians, corporate meeting entertainment, corporate party, corporate party entertainment, corporate party entertainment ideas, corporate party events, corporate party ideas, corporate performers, corporate social event ideas, corporate themed parties, cranson, ct, danbury, entertainment ideas for corporate events, essex, face painting, Fairfield, franklin, fun company event ideas, glastonbury, grand opening flier, Grand opening ideas, grand opening invitation, Grand opening party, Grand opening store, grand openings, great entertainment ideas, greenfield, Greenwich, hapmden, Hartford, holiday party, ideas corporate entertainment, ideas for corporate events, ideas for high end corporate events, jewish bar mitzvah, jewish bat mitzvah, litchfield, lynn, ma, marblehead, Massachusetts, middlesex, milford, new britain, new haven, new london, new medford, newington, newport, northampton, norwalk, office christmas party ideas, office party, party entertainers, party entertainment, party entertainment ideas, peabody, providence, quincy, rhode island, RI, Salem, somerville, springfield, stamford, tolland, torrington, unique corporate event ideas, unique event entertainment ideas, wallingford, warwick, waterbury, west hartford, westerly, windham
Categories: Caricature Artists