Kaleidoscope is hiring for character actors, face painters, and balloon twisters in all of CT, MA, NH, and RI! Positions pay a high hourly rate and travel–get paid to be the life of a party!
No experience is required since we train for everything. Just make sure you meet the requirements and want to learn some new fun skills.
Now Hiring for Feb / March 2019:
- ARTISTS – We’ll train you on face painting and balloon twisting!
- PRINCESSES – We’ll train you on character parties with face painting and balloon twisting.
- CIRCUS PERFORMERS – We’ll train you on stilt walking, juggling, and balloon twisting
- We’ll train you and give you all the costumes or supplies you need.
- Gigs are typically 1.5-2.5hrs long and you get about one gig a weekend
- You’ll get your schedule a week in advanced
- Basically, you check where we book a party in advanced and that day you head on over to the event, make everyone smile, and have a great time. (Yes, it’s actually that easy.)
- Work part time on weekends with flexibility
- Training takes generally about 22hrs, spread over a few weekends, before you start working
- ARTISTS – Any experience with art or kids, whether it’s professionally, in school, or volunteering. Because we train our own artists, the biggest thing we look for is crafty people with awesome personalities (not necessarily fine-art portfolios).
- PRINCESSES – Any acting, singing, or childcare experience professionally or for fun. Must be able to submit head shots (selfies ok) and 2 vocal samples. Princesses of any race, ethnicity, and skin-tone would be a great edition to our team, but dress sizes 0-12 preferred.
- CIRCUS PERFORMERS – Must love kids, be entertaining, and love working with the public. Childcare or retail experience is a plus, since you must be outgoing.
- This is a great job for high school or college students, moms, or anyone looking for PT weekend work. No degree required, just some experience doing something similar.
- MUST have own car and valid driver’s license
- MUST be fun, out going, professional and love working with children
- MUST be comfortable working by yourself, have good self-management skills, and full weekend availability
- MUST be able to pass a background check against any child abuse charges
AUDITIONS + INTERVIEWS
- Auditions and interviews will take place over the weekends in Feb in CT, MA, and RI. (We’ll have 10 dates or so for you to choose from.)
- ACTORS AND ARTISTS – Please submit any vocal samples, headshots, or portfolios ahead of time
- CIRCUS PERFORMERS – Just tell us why you think you’d love to learn!
- It’s just a normal interview – we interview in coffee shops since they’re nice and public, so no auditions.
Email [JessicaLovesPartiesATgmail] with a resume, any head shots / portfolio work, references, or anything else you’d like to send over!
For prior planning, trainings will take place in both our Hartford, CT and Worcester, MA offices (you can pick whichever is closer to you to train at), BUT entertained would be working close to home. (Basically, once you’re trained you have all of your stuff on you at home so you go straight to where ever you’re working that day. The average commute is 30-45min away from home, with travel pay.)
Training takes about 22 hours and is unpaid (27hrs for princesses) but after that you’ll be making better money than any other part time job in existence. Training is spread out over several weekends in both Hartford or Worcester to choose from.
I don’t have a car but I have a reliable parent, friend, or can use public transport. That’s fine right? Sorry, this one is REALLY important to us since a lot of our work is out in the suburbs and your ride would have to wait 90min-3hrs for you. It just hasn’t worked out in the past for us.
It says full weekend availability – but what about church, temple, community theatre, or my other job? We’re happy to make exceptions if you have religious services that you attend, but if you do community theatre 4 months out and need those weekends off here (or think you can juggle 2 weekend jobs) it’s not going to be a good fit. Our schedule is a bit tricky, since event work is like that.
How do we get parties? You don’t have to do anything – we have awesome marketing and customer service people in our office. We do all of the office work for you – you just entertain at parties! (But if you’re curious, we have a lot of return customers and are growing through word of mouth, so we really need to hire like 15 people right now to keep up with how many people are looking to hire our awesome artists.)
Do I have to buy anything? How do I get supplies? Nope – you don’t invest any money in anything. (You’d be surprised how many people think this job is too good to be true.) Just come to the trainings to get a handle on the job and when you’re done we hand you all the stuff you need and your log-in to the schedule. It’s really that easy.
So why does this seem too good to be true? Because most bosses are horrible and treat workers like garbage. We don’t want to be like that. We want awesome people who we would like to treat accordingly.