Both the winters and summers in New England are brutal–here is our full heat policy which keeps our party entertainers (and especially party costumed characters like princesses and mascots) safe.
- For non-costumed artists (face painters, balloon twisters, airbrush tattoo artists, etc) they MUST be placed in the shade over 75*F
- Non-costumed artists MUST be placed in air conditioning over 85*F
- For costumed party entertainers (party princesses, party super heroes, cartoons) they MUST be placed in the shade over 75*F
- Costumed entertainers MUST be placed in air conditioning over 80* F in air conditioning
- Mascots MUST be placed in the shade over 70*F
- Mascots MUST be placed in air conditioning over 80*F
- Please read our snow day policy. If it’s snowing, we would MUCH prefer you rescheduled your party – for snow days, even a few hours notice is fine. (We won’t be angry or cancel your deposit. Safety first!)
- All parties under 55* F must be in a heated area–either indoors or a tent with heaters.
MASCOTS AND STILT WALKERS
- For all mascots and stilt walkers, for every 1 billing hour they are performing for 45min and need a 15min safety break.
- (So, for example, if you book 2hrs of either, you would expect a total of 1.5hrs of entertainment and a total of 30min of safety breaks, which they will manage.)
- These costumes are INCREDIBLY hard to work with and though our stilt walkers and mascots are professional entertainers, we always put safety first!
- Our full mascot safety policy is listed here
- Our full stilt walker safety policy is listed here
If our artists ever feel they are unsafe at an event, due to heat/cold or anything else, they may leave without warning and the full remaining balance is still due to Kaleidoscope.
See our illustrations of ideal set-ups here:
Categories: Party Planning Help